Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"Kung Wala Na Nga"

It was past 3 a.m. this morning and I still can't sleep. I decided to play the old songs I have in my phone and played, "Kung wala na nga" by 6cyclemind, Yeng Constantino and Kean Cipriano ft. DJ Coki.


I said to myself, "I like this, where did they go?" I was referring to the bands. I noticed that the band scene was somehow out of the spotlight again. 

I'm not so sure about this, since we don't have cable networks anymore and my source of music updates were MYX and MTV. And, along with the disconnection of our cable T.V. networks, was me disconnecting from the Original Pinoy Music (OPM) bands also. :( I don't know. But, I do listen to radio stations and most of the time, I tune in to RX 93.1, but they don't usually play songs from OPM bands, just two or three songs, lilke Bamboo's and Eevee's. I can tell that the band scene today is not as in the demand as it was when I was still overly addicted to Callalily (I was such an avid fan), that was from 2007 on-wards.

And I also figured maybe it was also because of the consecutive disbandments, like Bamboo, 6cyclemind and Hale :( They were part of the most influential bands, though I'm happy that Spongecola's looking strong together still and just released their new single. :) And, I heard Bamboo (as himself only) is already having an International career! :) I'll check that out.

Anyway, I am willing to reconcile with this thing that boosts me, OPM bands. :) I would update myself and try to support them again.

"Kung wala na nga.." -- Nope. OPM bands are still here. :) Support. Support.


December 31, 2011
Erratum:
Pardon me. 6cyclemind's not disbanded, instead Tutti Caringal became the vocalist and Ney Dimaculangan pursues his solo career. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment