Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Book lover's day

So, it is book lover's day today. When my friend told me about it days ago, I said to myself, I should buy a book on that day! Besides, it has been a long time since I bought a brand new one, always from Book sale (a store for second-hand books). No hate on second-hands though. It's good that you save money and still get a lot from it. It is just a different thing if it's a new one. The smell, the joy of unwrapping it and there are books you can't find on second-hand stores.

And so, today after meeting my thesis mates I went to National Bookstore and browsed some books. And maybe because it was Book lover's day, NBS has discounts on some books. It was up to 75% off but the books I wanted to buy have only 25% on it.

To cut this short, I was not able to buy any book. :( I did not have enough money because I realized at that moment I was there that I needed the extra money I got for some school fees. So maybe, by the end of this week :S or next week.

Two books I want to buy:

  • Room
  • Water for elephants (I think, this is where the movie that Robert Pattinson starred at was adapted from)


And, the two writers I would want to read their works:

  • Chuck Palahniuk
  • Haruki Murakami

No comments:

Post a Comment